What is Steam Early Access?
Early Access is a system introduced by Valve to allow people to purchase games before they are officially released. An Early Access game is not yet complete and therefore it must be purchased on the understanding that there will be bugs in the game and some features won't be 100% complete.
It is ideal for us as a developer because it allows us to gather feedback from players to help refine the game and make it as bug-free as possible upon release. If you purchase an Early Access game, there is no additional cost when the game is finished, your version will just be updated to the latest version.
To read more about Early Access, go here - http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq
What's included in the Talisman Early Access -
- Local multiplayer/hotseat mode - mostly complete, but some spells and 'not your turn' actions need work.
- Online multiplayer for up to four players.
- vs. AI mode 80% complete - AI improvements being worked on.
- All 14 characters available.
- All spells available.
- All adventure cards available.
- Save game functionality.
- Player profile.
- A free copy of Talisman Prologue
What's coming soon -
- Extra languages - French, German, Spanish, Italian and Polish initially.
- Card browser.
- Local Multiplayer - players taking control of the UI to use objects/spells.
- AI improvements.
- Cloud saving.
- Controller support.
- Purchase/Store screen.
- More help/tutorials.
If you pre-ordered Talisman Digital Edition, then please email [email protected] to request your Steam key.